Based in Nairobi, Nakala Analytics Ltd is a legally registered product innovation company. Our enabler solutions empower organizations to become data-centric. We develop data analytics solutions for companies that have data but insufficient capacity to generate insights. We are nimble, hungry, project-based, relentlessly focused on ROI, and we do world-class work with global clients.
Nakala is seeking to add 2 young enthusiastic starters (back end & front end software engineers) under the graduate trainee program. This program runs for a period of between 3-12 months with a possibility of extension.
The ideal candidate(s) has experienced or is excited about the following:
- Developing new user-facing features
- Building reusable components and libraries for future use (experience with micro-frontends)
- Creating and translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Prototype front ends or back ends in Python / Node.JS and perform maintenance on existing backends when called upon.
- Ensure high-quality graphic standards and brand consistency
- BSc/Dip in Computer Science or related disciplines
- 1+ years of cumulative relevant experience
- Backend - Demonstrable Expertise in Python, SQL, MongoDB, Postgres
- Patient & resilient
- Experience in a startup company
- Remote/Office working
- Flexible hours
- Free premium data science training
- Pandas, Python & Django for backend
- Design, React JS & Node for front end applicants
- SQL, PostgreSQL, Mongo, Pandas
- Test-Driven Development
Compensation is commensurate to experience